Register Gallery FAQForum Rules Members List Game Room Calendar Mark Forums Read
PB Legion

Closed Thread

Old 06-15-2009, 06:54 PM

PBL Feedback: 0 / 0%
My vote would be Bear Creek, with us bringing a few scuba tanks to supplement their fill ability. It is a smallish field, but it's (literally) cool and shaded, and we can play some variation games or something.
Old 06-15-2009, 07:53 PM
Z-Man says Weeeeeeeeeeeee

PBL Feedback: 50 / 100%
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheLPB View Post
beat them up, °°°°
Eh, when a person or persons enjoys being shady, decietful, or telling tall tails, what's the point really?

But damn Conor, that pic of you that Ricker posted shows your gansta side fo sho!!!!
To be honest I do want it, but I would have to shower after I use it.
Old 06-15-2009, 09:02 PM

Contributing Member

PBL Feedback: 5 / 100%
Funny thing is?

I am BigE

I am also Z-man, A-Tach-One, RogueFactor, and Beemer.

Old 06-15-2009, 09:05 PM

nostalgic as hell...

there
Old 06-16-2009, 07:03 AM

Contributing Member

PBL Feedback: 2 / 100%
Quote:
Originally Posted by Z-man View Post
there
Old 06-16-2009, 10:37 AM

Contributing Member

Unhappy <sigh>

In the past few years I've found things have changed in the mag community. Some good, some bad it's good to be a mag user these days; but watching the mag community unravel itself and air out dirty laundry is like watching a car wreck.

It doesn't matter who started it. I don't care what happened or who was hurt, both sides seem to have been wronged and it's now a redneck blood feud. I'm pretty sure this is bad PR for the mag community itself and we could end up the laughing stock of the pb community. The worse thing is we could lose prospective mag users and customers because of this. Both sides need to think about what they're doing, this is going to suck.
Old 06-16-2009, 10:41 AM
They call me Dr. J

PBL Feedback: 7 / 100%
I have said that for over a year now, but some people don't really want to forgive/forget.
Old 06-16-2009, 12:00 PM

nostalgic as hell...

(note: this is not me angry as you d4m4don3, but I am very incensed when people come in and say "oh everyone just needs to let it go." This post was made a year after "letting it go" was clearly not everyone's goal. Since it's not, I must take action to protect the little sphere of paintball that I enjoy. I am sorry but I won't let it be smushed for the sake of "not rocking the boat" and such analogies.)

Quote:
Originally Posted by d4m4don3 View Post
In the past few years I've found things have changed in the mag community. Some good, some bad it's good to be a mag user these days; but watching the mag community unravel itself and air out dirty laundry is like watching a car wreck.
Yeeep that sounds about right. I watched the AO community become jaded, the "old blood" leave and the "Mafia" move in (I don't make the names...). Don't get me wrong, as long as you agree with what they stand for they are a fantastic group. Step out of line and you will feel the wrath of being a traitor in their eyes. There is no middle ground with them. You are either for them, or against them.

Quote:
It doesn't matter who started it. I don't care what happened or who was hurt, both sides seem to have been wronged and it's now a redneck blood feud.
Yep that would be how I think most people passing by see it. So you would think that if the interest was to better paintball, improve the community, bring people into the sport, or to quote the BEO 10 Commandments:

-At this site, we remember that paintball is for recreational enjoyment. It is a game, and is meant to be played to have fun.
-We at all times play and act with honor and integrity. Even when we have the urge to smack the hell out of someone.
-The members of this community respect and help all types of players of any skill level, no matter how much of a noobie they are. :-)
-We here do not discriminate based on the markers you use or the style of game you play - as long as you keep within the rules. (Although we may make fun of you a little bit)
-We will promote paintball by nurturing new players in the rules of the game, proper safety guidelines, and to act respectfully towards others while on the field. So don't be surprised when someone crazy glues your goggles to you head.
-And lastly, we will not take any of this paintball crap too seriously. It is after all, only a game.

Play Safe
Play Fair
Have Fun

Sounds great! How does it line up with this last year boys? Look I understand that most people don't want to see this, hear this, choose a side, that's fine, but it's hard to see the whole picture when you have people lying about it all. The end result is that people go away. It's short-sighted and it's certainly not acting with honor or integrity.

Quote:
I'm pretty sure this is bad PR for the mag community itself and we could end up the laughing stock of the pb community. The worse thing is we could lose prospective mag users and customers because of this. Both sides need to think about what they're doing, this is going to suck.
If you read in the first post (I say if because it was a long post with many little turns):

What is really sad is that I had to spend THIS MUCH TIME AND EFFORT to uncover this measly little example out of a year of this sludge. I sat around the last 9 months and watched figuring "nah, they will get over it and go off to do their own thing and we can be left to do our own thing. No one would waste years doing this over bruised egos..." shows what little I know about being bitter... So why make a post like this? It's just going to make these people angrier? They are not going to change their minds. How does this help? Why not just let it go? Ya, that was my thinking all last year. NOT making a post like this though I had great desire on several occasions. WAITING for people to let it go. Since these people refuse to , I will present these people in a light closer to their nature.

either you believed what I said about waiting a year waiting 1 side not both, ONE to stop this, or you don't. I'll say it again for you to either brush aside or consider:

I have avoided this for the last year hoping that the other side would drop this crap and move on. It has not been dropped, it is being clung to and cherished like Golom and his precious.

over 1 year ago I posted about this behavior on AO (and amazingly it's still there).

QUOTE-"Is it inevitable that people have different opinions? Yep, is this the inevitable result? only with the mentality of the image above. Some people it seems are happier just being punks, and I don't want to be around punks. Stay here and be punks' go off to your site and be punks. Punks can't even do that! They follow YOU around looking to be punks wherever you go. What's that quote I used like 4x now? I just like to start crap for the sake of it OK.... you have fun with that now...."

Like my AO post said, I left AO to avoid these people. I could have stayed and fought about it there, it's so much simpler to leave them be and come here. And look! here is is here, they are making duplicate names and coming over here FOLLOWING ME. I am not following them, they are bringing this back to me after I left. I no longer buy the whole "both sides just need to get along." I would change it to, "since reconciling is not the goal, both sides need to mutually respect each other and leave each other alone"

Sounds strangely similar to a year later post here... Why?

If you decided to read through that AO thread I would like you to tell me where I missed the mark. I've been watching exactly that behavior continue, for:

not for a month
not for 3 months
not for 9 months
but over a year.

Over 1 year dedicated to this. The whole "people just need time to cool off" argument does not apply. There has been time. Why is it still going on? I think you are right that people need to think about what they are doing, does the term "cutting off your nose to spite your face" mean anything to you? If your conclusion is that "both sides just need to think about what they are doing," this is the best solution of have come up with and it's hardly a stellar one.

-I will try to stay away form these people who smile to me and say "we just want to get along." One year of observation leads me to think they speaking dishonestly. I don't want to be around dishonest people, paintballers, motorcyclists, or co-workers. That ends that for mingling with them.
-I will try to continue making the local paintball days that make me enjoy the sport. It's what I do, it's why I play and it's what I am going to keep doing.
-BUT IF YOU DECIDE TO TRY AND TEAR DOWN WHAT I AM MAKING FOR YOUR SHORTSIGHTED BITTERNESS I will NOT sit quietly and let you lie and slander and to pull people away. I will not sit there and let you (the people who continue this crap) do that.

And that my dear d4m4don3 is what this post is. This was not made on AO because it would be exactly that. Hanging dirty laundry on the line. I posted it here. My hope is that our friendly sock puppets will GO AWAY, because they are not so sneaky and clever as they thought and I see them for who they are. That their days of saying "we just want to let it all go" and then jumping on another account to spit some venom are over. At worst, they continue what they are doing (they just need to make a few new accounts is all). At best, they GO AWAY and actually really go away and leave this place alone. I am not going over to BEO to post, I don't, it's part of my "I'll leave you alone, rather than poke at you."

If you honestly have a better suggestion, I really like suggestions. It's easy to rant like this, but I need to be told a better fix. I have asked Loguzzzz this on the phone "what do you suggest as the way to mend the bridges?" (rather than burn them). He had no suggestions. Do you?

This is a game of paintball, it's not creationism vs evolution, it's not isolationism vs world government, it's not pro or anti abortion, it's a freaking game that people play for recreation and this is what these people are spending their time fighting? They aren't even 14 year old kids! They are adults!! You know like... take my age and x2. Guys with houses, cars, they may have even touched female skin and they are sock puppeting accounts to say the things they won't say directly under their own names??

Last edited by Z-man : 06-16-2009 at 01:08 PM.
Old 06-16-2009, 12:20 PM

Lurking Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCpoloRicker View Post
Being a digital marketing guy, I am very much well aware of the super-secret, I work for super-secret web-monitoring software web-monitoring software Z-Man is running to detect these nefarious acts.
I work for the internet, so I know that the above poster is not only correct in his statements; he is also shockingly handsome, remarkably adroit with words, and can pull 29BPS on a single trigger Mag.
Old 06-16-2009, 12:37 PM

Quote:

It doesn't matter who started it. I don't care what happened or who was hurt, both sides seem to have been wronged and it's now a redneck blood feud. I'm pretty sure this is bad PR for the mag community itself and we could end up the laughing stock of the pb community. The worse thing is we could lose prospective mag users and customers because of this. Both sides need to think about what they're doing, this is going to suck.
Christain, it's too bad I am responding to you in this thread and not in a different section. I haven't talked to you in ages. I truly hope all is well.
Now.....I had some of you SoCal boys out to my place after I purchased air bunkers and an air compressor to play paintball, did I seem like the kind of guy that would enjoy BS Highschool like drama?

I do not have dirty laundry, I actually keep to myself and have only spoken out recently. Have you seen me post or bash one of those guys anywhere in the last year? Have you seen anyone bash those guys at all? Do you see the continual PBL bashing?

I've put up with one sided BS drama being projected onto me and people around me for a year and a half. Am I not allowed to speak out? Is the mag community not allowed to hear or be presented with truths? What would you like me to do, shut up and continue to take it for years to come? Would me just disappearing be better?
- Eric
Old 06-16-2009, 01:03 PM

Contributing Member

PBL Feedback: 2 / 100%
Quote:
Originally Posted by TotallyNotSCpoloRicker View Post
I work for the internet, so I know that the above poster is not only correct in his statements; he is also shockingly handsome, remarkably adroit with words, and can pull 29BPS on a single trigger Mag.
In the years I've been on AO, I must say that has to be one of your greatest and most convincing arguments.

I send him the cash?
Old 06-16-2009, 01:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TotallyNotSCpoloRicker View Post
THIS
Old 06-16-2009, 01:40 PM

Contributing Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by A-Tach-One View Post
Christain, it's too bad I am responding to you in this thread and not in a different section. I haven't talked to you in ages. I truly hope all is well.
Now.....I had some of you SoCal boys out to my place after I purchased air bunkers and an air compressor to play paintball, did I seem like the kind of guy that would enjoy BS Highschool like drama?

I do not have dirty laundry, I actually keep to myself and have only spoken out recently. Have you seen me post or bash one of those guys anywhere in the last year? Have you seen anyone bash those guys at all? Do you see the continual PBL bashing?

I've put up with one sided BS drama being projected onto me and people around me for a year and a half. Am I not allowed to speak out? Is the mag community not allowed to hear or be presented with truths? What would you like me to do, shut up and continue to take it for years to come? Would me just disappearing be better?
- Eric
Frankly Eric, I don't think you even needed to be dragged down into the quagmire. I respect what you've not done to escalate the issue. Like Zack said none of the 2 major groups in question have done a thing to try and extend the olive branch and end the situation that I know of.

The only solution I see here is if everyone involved showed up at the paintball field and hashed it out before playing. Now saying that I know it's never going to happen. Given the known roster for that event will deter others from coming. Resolving these issues on the realm of impossible, you can say whatever you want but it's not gonna resolve it.

Disappear? You've made too many friends in this community and frankly would disappoint many if you did. I still have your number, but i don't talk to people much. I mainly keep to myself unless I physically see you everyday. Other than that knowing you guys posting in the forum is a form of keeping tabs on everyone, thats what the automag forums are for me. It's not about the latest and greatest,"buy my stuff it has elves" or the next upcoming meet with special guest so and so. It's about interacting with a community of people that you would like to call as your friends.

I wish everyone luck on their side of the fight. But know this, it's depressing to see this happening.

Last edited by d4m4don3 : 06-16-2009 at 01:41 PM. Reason: forgot to use spell check
Old 06-16-2009, 03:16 PM

Quote:
Like Zack said none of the 2 major groups in question have done a thing to try and extend the olive branch and end the situation that I know of.
There is only one major group and they dragged me down into the bs drama. This is a onesided bashing.

Z-Man has extended that olive branch and he was lied to.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandfreestyle View Post
I have said that for over a year now, but some people don't really want to forgive/forget.
I hear that. We can hope for it someday though.
Old 06-16-2009, 03:24 PM
Mr. Doom & Gloom

PBL Feedback: 88 / 100%
Quote:
Originally Posted by A-Tach-One View Post
I hear that. We can hope for it someday though.
I agree, lets put this behind us and hope its done with.

At this point unless Zak wants to re-open this thread, all that has needed to have been said has been.

Edit:With Zak's blessing, other posts/threads that are similar in nature to ones previously posted in his example will be moved here to this thread. He may or may not post a response to them. Thats up to him

Last edited by RogueFactor : 07-02-2009 at 05:37 PM.
Old 07-01-2009, 12:41 PM

Contributing Member

Ill be there with my fiance, and I can personaly promise the kind of event that the automag group is known for, you guys can think or say what you want, but no one is gonna punch anyone in the face , start fight, or talk trash, of your afraid of someone shaking your hand, then don't come, I'm coming, my friends are coming, and we will have a great time no matter who shows up, so enough with the "I'm not going if he's going" if anyone has a problem with me, they can tell me, my number is around, if anyone hates me so much then pick up the phone and we will discuss it like men. There's no reason people who at one time were best friends have to be mortal enemies now.

I said things I shouldn't have, so did everyone, but this is an open invite for you all to come, have fun and see that we aren't the boogeymen afterall, ball is in your court guys.
Old 07-02-2009, 09:04 AM

Contributing Member

Jared don't make us out to be worse than we are, there's nothing to control, this is nothing but an internet fued that means nothing in reality.

Years ago I had it out with the thordic guys, we constantly argued, fought, got banned over it, then I went back east to tunaball, and now thordic is a buddy of mine, and the guys I fought and bickered with are some of my good freinds, why? Because it was a stupid internet fued that meant nothing.

Jared, we noth know that there was an incident that took place before the last socal event, and that person told you not to talk to them, now you did talk to him and he showed you respect and courtesy, does that seem like he wanted to beat you up or something stupid? No, nearly every one of the norcal, socal guys have played together, and there's no reason why we can't again.

If your afraid of a couple hand shakes, a pat on the back and a great day of play and comraderie then I'm sorry, but we have some of the best players I've ever met in this automag circle, we have taken out teams side by side, and held fields together, there needs to be an end to this psuedo war, But everyone has to work together
Old 07-03-2009, 12:28 PM

nostalgic as hell...

When I read the above posts and then I compare them to things like this, things that you and the BEO group have been saying, what is the correct thing for me to think? How much more black and what can you be in your position?

I might be reading into this but when I see someone say "Can't take a joke, then keep to PBL like a good nutswinger, cuz I guess we is done as friends. I see where u stand." I think, oh he must not want to be friends... or am I reading that wrong?

What's more significant is the 2 things you told me in the phone conversation.

First when I asked you what you thoughts were after I rambled on for 20 minutes, do you remember what you told me? What I heard was.

"I guess there is nothing to say and we are never going to play and we cannot be friends"

and second:

"As long as Rogue keeps hassling my friends I am going to do the same" (tit for tat yes?)

Now let me just make sure I understand this right. You say:

"if anyone has a problem with me, they can tell me, my number is around, if anyone hates me so much then pick up the phone and we will discuss it like men. There's no reason people who at one time were best friends have to be mortal enemies now."

So I called you on 7-2-09 at 9:59am I spent 49 minutes talking with you.

I told you my thoughts, I asked you about why what you had been saying and doing did not match this post about wanting to be friends. When I asked you to tell me your thoughts, your sum total reply was:

"I guess there is nothing to say and we are never going to play and we cannot be friends"

...... that wasn't even a discussion. You told me what you decided, that was the whole discussion.

You say:

"If your afraid of a couple hand shakes, a pat on the back and a great day of play and comraderie then I'm sorry, but we have some of the best players I've ever met in this automag circle, we have taken out teams side by side, and held fields together, there needs to be an end to this psuedo war, But everyone has to work together.

and yet you leave the conversation saying that you are going to keep playing "tit for tat"... Let's just pretend that Rogue actually HAS been pestering your friends. So you are saying that to help the situation you are going to keep doing it... sounds like a brilliant way to solve the problem, I see friendship right around the corner!

On a side note I would like to see some of this "pestering" that he has been doing, you know, something like the screenshots of you above.

You're right that I don't want to come out to a game where this group is showing up. I have a year of screenshots like the above showcasing your behavior. What in the world makes you think I would want to be part of that? The ONLY solution I can think of is to stay the hell out of your way and make sure I am off doing my own thing in my own corner.

These things you have said in the images, they are not the things you say to someone you are trying to be friends with; you don't play tit for tat with people you are trying to be friends with and you certainly don't try to pull a "everyone is wrong so lets all just forget the whole thing" to try and gloss over the fact that this has been ongoing by ONE side for all this time. It's insulting to me that you think I am that stupid.

I said it to you on the phone and I will put it in writing for anyone to follow up on. I want you to find 1 post, just 1. I got lots of you, how many you want? Just find me one post where I Zak Vetter have said something that I do not stand behind today right now. You have Beemer working with you on it, you know he will find any examples of alternate accounts, or anything, he's part of this BEO group. It should be easy.

When you say: "I said things I shouldn't have, so did everyone..." I say don't you DARE claim I have been at this like you have.

Start with my final post on AO. I summed this up over a year ago. Tell me where I got this wrong?
Aftermath of That Rabid/Rogue/BE Thread in PB Talk...

I keep it all in screenshots for reference in case it goes down...

And speaking of reference, tell me more about letting things go.

Probably part of the whole "there needs to be an end to this psuedo war, But everyone has to work together" right?

Last edited by Z-man : 07-03-2009 at 03:21 PM.
Old 07-04-2009, 09:25 AM
Mr. Doom & Gloom

PBL Feedback: 88 / 100%
Quote:
Originally Posted by SSP REAPER
I approached Rogue for a simple trade offer. He was looking for a Tiberius8 and some extra mags in trade for some of his RPG items. After eyeballing a sub zero feedneck, retents, and an exile body with ULE slug rail, I approached him via PM. My end of the trade was a tiberius Tac 8 in great condition with 4 mags (yup, not 1 but count them...4!) for his ULE slug rail, an Exile body complete with RPG retents (2 pair) and a sub zero feedneck.
So we both agreed on the aforementioned items and I had to ship first. No big deal to me because I figured I would be getting some nice new product for my stuff. I go ahead and send a 3 place mag holder and a holster for the thing as good faith along with the tac 8 and the 4 clips. I sent the item USPS priority and insured it because it IS usps. Well the items shipped (and they were packed PERFECTLY with lots of packing paper, bubble wrap and tape) and I waited a week for him to get back to me with receipt of goods. Next message I get from RogueFactor says that the box was damaged and had "contents spilling out of it" and he wants to re-evaluate our trade terms. To me a deal is a deal is a deal, no matter what happens!
So I say OK, send me some pics and we can get an insurance claim processed (because that's what adults do, purchase insurance to cover any kind of damage). He dogs me for 2 weeks saying his camera is not working and he can't get the pics to load in his comp...all the while costing me precious days until my insurance claim can't be processed. At some point thereafter RF pulls something outta mid air and sends me a package. I got all excited to see his package on my table, until I opened it. Inside the package was an exile SLUG (sans feedneck and detents) and a lonely beat up slug ule rail. I email RF right away and asked for the rest of my stuff, the stuff we agreed upon.
Well according to Mr. RF, because the package was "damaged" he only felt it was right to send me these two items (with one of them being used). Now I was pretty heated. I asked him politely to send the other stuff we agreed upon, or send me the pics proving the damage. I didn't see either for another 2 weeks. After struggling to get ahold of RF for 2 straight weeks, I decided to ring his bell. I managed to get his phone number and I gave him a call. After several intense arguments about everything I just endured, he decided to send me the remaining items. Needless to say, a month later I saw a package with a USED set of retents, and a USED sub zero inside. I said hell with it and cut my losses with selling those beat up items.

I guess its my turn...

I was going to write something long-winded and interesting with lots of charts and graphs, in an attempt to be as entertaining as Z-Man. Unfortunately, Im just not that good. What I can tell you is that a screenshot is worth a thousand words, and you can see for yourself that the things stated by SSP above are blatantly false. I take this sort of thing very seriously, so SSP should re-think what he is purporting to be the truth. If you are going to lie, grossly lie with total fabrications, you better make damn sure there isnt anything out there to contradict it.

And for those reading this that do not know the background, this 'negative feedback' has nothing to do with our trade. Our trade was finished 5 months ago, and he left positive feedback 4 months ago at PBLegion. In the meantime, SSP has become a BigEvil 'mafia'(their silly moniker, not mine) and is fabricating a story to continue their bashing directed towards myself and most things I am involved with. I refrain from posting on AO with any regularity and only when necessary, because some of the moderators on the site are also part of this group. And as a result posts and threads that put them in a poor light are deleted. Its a shame, as this childish stuff that these members wont let go only makes AO and paintball miserable for so many.

This transaction took place at PBLegion, by PM and by e-mail. As such, and so that this post isnt deleted/edited by those moderators mentioned above, my response is posted here: http://www.pblegion.com/showthread.php?t=3941

Lie #1-Was I difficult to work with on this trade? NO!

Lie #2- Did his package have issues? YES!
http://www.pblegion.com/showthread.php?t=3478

Lie #3 - Did our deal include detents or a feedneck? NO!

Lie #4 - Did our deal change? NO! He got what he asked for.

Lie #5 - Did it take me 2-4 weeks to ship his items? NO! 3 business days!

Lie# 6 - Did he have an issue with his items when he received them?NO!

Lie #7 - Did he struggle to get a hold of me for 2-4 weeks? NO!
See all previous lies. His package was sent, received, and a PM received from him saying he was happy with our trade. Less than a month later, he left positive feedback!

Lie #8 - Was the ULE Slug Rail beat up? Not according to him!
See Lie #5 & #6. He states in his feedback that the "Items are sweet". In his PM to me, he says the package was received and the everything LOOKS GREAT!

Lie #9 - Did we have a heated conversation? NO! I wish I had something to show, but I cant prove something that didnt happen.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

From the PM he sent and the feedback he left, he was happy with our transaction 4-5 months ago. This concocted story about telephone calls and arguments over this is so utterly false its hard to imagine that he really believes what he is saying.

I would continue but whats been provided is proof enough to my position. So there you have it, take this boys feedback with a large grain of salt. Real men dont have to lie about things like this, they stand on their own merits.
Old 07-04-2009, 10:02 AM

nostalgic as hell...

Hey I remember him. He was mature respectful and eloquent in explaining himself

BEO mafia, celebrating over 1 year of being part of the solution right?
Closed Thread